Drop hose size

Users who are viewing this thread

eggsando

Reaction score
First property with a well and I am in the planning stage for setting up the pump. Well is 500' deep. Static water level 50'. 6" casing. perforations in casing 50' to 500'. Location Colorado 8,200' elevation. 2.5 bath home. Just me and my wife with family visits a few times a year. I am thinking of setting the pump at 450'. I see most pumps have a 1.25" output. I am able to get 1.5" poly hose at a good price. Hose is rated WP21bar/BP63bar. I am planning to use a 2hp pump. Any recommendations appreciated.
My initial question is it ok to use an adapter from pump to go to 1.5" hose and will I lose to much pressure pumping from that depth with larger hose? It will be another 100-150' to the pressure tank in home with a slight incline. Many thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks