Double Kitchen Sink. Rt Side without Garbage Disposal never drains

What is the best configuration for best drainage on both sinks?

• have a straight pipe down to the p-trap?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • move the Garbage Disposal. to the right?

• put a T into the garbage disposal inlet to share with the Dishwasher?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

MadelineD

Reaction score
Installation gone wrong. Right-side sink has never drained properly. Does it need to have a straight pipe down to the p-trap, or should I move the Garbage Disposal. to the right, or maybe put a T into the garbage disposal to share with the Dishwasher?
Sink without disposal doesnt drain.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
While your installation using the flex piece is not so good, if the only problem is the right sink not draining well, I would take apart the tailpiece on the right drain and the horizontal to the tee. See if there is an obstruction that you can remove.

Also clean out the tee.

To me it seem that cutting out the existing glued-in trap and putting a trap adapter near the wall, would give you the ability to adjust the trap position. That way you would not be resorting to a flex line.

But I do have hope that just cleaning will get you going. I am not a plumber.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is no reason that sink should not drain, from looking at your photo, if the water is just running down the drain, BUT, if the sink has water in it when you try to drain it, it will NOT drain because you may have created a "double trap" with air trapped between the two sources of water.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
It’s probably the two 90 degree turns the water had to do. It drains but slow. Cut out the glued p trap and at the wall glue in a 45 degree fitting. Then reconfigure as shown below.

upload_2019-5-6_16-48-7.jpeg

MadelineD

Reaction score
While your installation using the flex piece is not so good, if the only problem is the right sink not draining well, I would take apart the tailpiece on the right drain and the horizontal to the tee. See if there is an obstruction that you can remove.

Also clean out the tee.

To me it seem that cutting out the existing glued-in trap and putting a trap adapter near the wall, would give you the ability to adjust the trap position. That way you would not be resorting to a flex line.

But I do have hope that just cleaning will get you going. I am not a plumber.

Thanks!!! For some reason, it has never drained well.... even after taking it apart and re-assembling cleaned pieces.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks