Direct Connect WYE strainer

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Tuttles Revenge, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

Anyone know where to buy this style of 3/8th compression direct connect wye strainer?

None of my suppliers can figure it out. Google has been a Goobockle.

I thought I saw one installed on a water filtration system somewhere, but still no clue where I can purchase them.

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Master Plumber

Plumber
    No idea and it is installed backwards.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Tuttles Revenge

The arrow on the flip side disagrees with your astute assessment. Rather odd that they would manufacture that way.. maybe they built it backwards? Might have to test its functionality.

The big nut on the outlet even has a check valve built in.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

You might have to remove the knob to clean the strainer in your photo.

I saw this which says the strainer access port should be down, at least for one brand: [​IMG]

6. Tuttles Revenge

will need to set this one up with some debris in a line to test how it functions... but really only if I can find more of them.. otherwise its just a useless lump of machined brass.