Direct Connect WYE strainer

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy this style of 3/8th compression direct connect wye strainer?

None of my suppliers can figure it out. Google has been a Goobockle.

I thought I saw one installed on a water filtration system somewhere, but still no clue where I can purchase them.

Wye strainer.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
No idea and it is installed backwards.
The arrow on the flip side disagrees with your astute assessment. Rather odd that they would manufacture that way.. maybe they built it backwards? Might have to test its functionality.

The big nut on the outlet even has a check valve built in.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
You might have to remove the knob to clean the strainer in your photo.

I saw this which says the strainer access port should be down, at least for one brand:
dqLBW.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
will need to set this one up with some debris in a line to test how it functions... but really only if I can find more of them.. otherwise its just a useless lump of machined brass.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I finally solved this mystery!! I was looking around in a commercial building for the source of water dumping out of a PVC drain that hadn't ever had water for the 15yrs that this tenant was there.. So poking around for water heaters and trap primers or RP devices when I looked under the sink cabinets I noticed the same WYE strainers installed on Moen touchless commercial faucets.

Moen WYE strainer.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks