Delta Shower Head flows when off

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
What are we doing wrong? Brand new Delta shower/tub combo. We have capped the bottom (tub) as this will be a shower only. Once we get it up, turn knob to off position, the shower still flows. Not a drip, but a good flow. It is off. We replaced springs and washers just incase, with no luck. Why won't it stop flowing?

Attachments

• shower.jpg
    shower.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 138

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
If that is PVC schedule 40, it is not allowed for use indoors. Also, plastic 'female' fittings are not allowed to screw on to metal 'male' fittings.
My guess is that you do not have the cartridge inserted into the valve body with the two notches aligned with the detents in the valve.

Reaction score
My guess is that you do not have the cartridge inserted into the valve body with the two notches aligned with the detents in the valve.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is a cartridge issue. It snaps into place perfectly and the metal ring fits as it should. If the cartridge was not seared properly, the metal ring wouldn't tighten.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The cartridge has o-ring sockets that fit into recesses in the back of the valve body and can fit in only 2 ways and both are correct and will only affect the hot/cold sequence.

Quick read through the manual of a 14 series suggest replacing the seats and springs and checking the condition of the lower o-rings. If that doesn't solve it then replace the cartridge.

delta-cartridge-summary.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks