Users who are viewing this thread

Colemc45

Reaction score
The outlet under my kitchen sink has no power to it. I have checked the breaker box and the circuit breaker is supplying power so its not a bad circuit breaker. There are no other outlets dead in the house. There are also no other outlets wired in line with this outlet.

Any other ideas what could be wrong or something else to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Is there a nearby switch? That outlet could have been put there for a garbage disposal.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If it isn't a switched receptacle, there's obviously an open somewhere. First thing I'd do, other than try any nearby switches, if that didn't work, I'd pull the cover and pull the receptacle out from the box to look for a broken or loose connection. A couple of common problems, loose screws, or, if the proper tool wasn't used to strip the wire, it's easy to nick the wire, and it can break where it was cut.

If the receptacle doesn't 'feel' tight when you insert a plug, it may just be worn out and need replacement.

Tracing wiring in the wall can be tough without tearing things up. Sometimes, if it's not obvious by examining the end points, it's easier to just run a new cable.

Make sure that no GFCI devices are tripped.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks