Danco Replacement 80993 Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Blueprint99

Reaction score
Hello, I just installed this Danco replacement single handle faucet on my mother's Moen Shower.
3143344.jpg

Everything works fine but it's noticeably louder than the original piece(like a ton of water is rushing through), especially when adjusting the temperature(the flow seems to stutter between hot and cold). Also, whenever the water is turned on and off the pipes knock a bit. I followed the instructions properly and am curious what's wrong? I'm assuming this aftermarket unit is junk... TIA!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There have been several threads recently, and the concensus is, use OEM parts, the Danco may not leak, but clunks...Depending on the age, Moen may have a lifetime warranty on that part, and you can get it from them. WOrth a call.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If that is the stem you used, it does not have a pressure balancing spool in it, although there could be one if the valve if it is a MoenTrol version.

TXchad

Reaction score
There's also a plastic / brass version of that stem that is interchangeable with this one. You might try that one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks