Custom Shower Materials

Users who are viewing this thread

SouthTexan

Reaction score
I am in the process of building a new pier and beam home, and have decided I want a custom shower. I am not sure what components I need for plumbing from valve to valve, what materials to use beneath the tiles of the walls and what to do about the floor of the shower. Is there anyone who has been where I am and could give some advice or direction on where I need to go from here....?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
"Custom Shower" could mean a lot of things.

As far as the wall and floor, proper techniques and materials to make it waterproof are critical. Consult the tile forum: www.johnbridge.com

As far as the valves, you need to decide what you want. If you are talking multiple heads, etc. you need to consult the manufacturers specs as far as loop piping, and get a good plumber to determine what water supply piping will be required to feed your sytem.

Any plumbing showroom, or a box store, will have catalogs showing available suites. Also. go to any internet site (Delta, Kohler, Amer. Std, etc) for ideas.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you are thinking about multiple showerheads, you need to consider potentially a huge hot water tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks