Crap Cleaner

Users who are viewing this thread

Maddog

Engineer
Reaction score
ccleaner

I've been running CCLEANER for quite a while - works great and frees up a bunch of "lost" disk space ... I recommend it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ccleaner

You should have warned us that it also deactivates the "delete" keyboard key and adds a "spam" tab to the mailbox window. These do not go away when Ccleaner is uninstalled so I guess I will have to reinstall the AOL software and hope they go away.

agulfer

Reaction score
I've been using CCLEANER for awhile with no issue......great program and best of all it's FREE.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
CC is not clear about mac application so I'm not getting near it, as much as I'd like to.. Before installing you might want to address the auto-form/fill issue if you use them like I do.

BTW-My techie friend always reminds me to "Empty the Trash" (as opposed to put items In trash) Increases speed in many cases.

M.

Last edited:

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Safe and Easy - and Free of Junk

From Internet Explorer, got to Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Files. Click in the little box that says "Delete all offline content" and then "OK". If you have a lot of junk the hourglass will hang around for a while.

Then go to SETTINGS in that Internet Options window and click on View Files. You will see a jillion cookie files. Delete those you never heard of or don't want anyone to know that you have ever been there.

You can delete them all but then all of the places such as terrylove.com won't recognize you any more, and you have forgotten your password, so it's a bother to get back to your favorite places.

Maddog

Engineer
Reaction score
Other PC cleaners

Firefox also has an option to delete cache/cookies/etc on exit ....

Some other very good programs to help keep your Windows PC running well by identifying and removing nasty little gremlins ...

Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal

http://www.lavasoft.com/download_and_buy/product_comparison_chart.php

and

Spybot - Search & Destroy

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

and yes - they're FREE!! Make sure they are compatable with your anti-virus and firewall products (eg. Ad-Aware not compat with F-Secure)

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Don't take internet advice without extensive research. Period.
Think "Native" to be safe. And I do. And I am. And there you are...

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
got a nasty trojan horse yesterday

I had to let my kid on my computor
and ended up getting a mean worm-virus
whatever it is --was.....

couldent get any of my virus protection from Mcaffe
to even touch it....

got on line and found "Spyware doctor" and it found everything wrong on my computor for free....

but I had to go to office depot to buy the cd for 32 bucks...

it amazes me that people with a degree from MIT or wherever cant find honest work and simply have to
butcher up peoples computors for a living

they should be taken out and shot.....

It did a very good job but

I stilll think that their is something lurking in a sub-file somewhere
cause my quick books wont run right.....
and I might have to take it some where and have the whole
computor cleaned

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I was recently infected with this nasty bug called "Spy Sheriff", which prevented me from even seeing my desktop. My Norton Anti-virus, which I paid for, was useless. The free version of Spyware Doctor got rid of it. I'm also using the free versions of Pest Patrol and Antivirus from E-Trust. I haven't had any problems since.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I have tried them all. I still use Adaware, I just downloaded Windows Defender. It's free also and just come out. It's supposed to keep the malware away. We will see.

I used E-trust anti virus for a lot of years, no problems, but I heard of AVG and tried it on all my computers. It works great and is free.

CCleaner works great, you just have to real careful what you tell it to get rid of. Some things might not be so easy to get back.

If anyone wants to get a great daily newsletter with links to a lot of neat free software, go here.
Sign up for the newsletter. They also have tips on M$ Office etc. They sell some neat computer stuff for great prices.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks