Corner toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

TheGewp

Reaction score
Looking at maybe swapping in a corner toilet to give me an extra foot of shower space. The rough in is 15" from the finished wall in the back and 13.5" from the side. It seems odd, should I plan on having to move that?

Also is it better to go with a triangle tank or does it matter? Are there better brands with triangle tanks than American Standard? Thanks!

triangle-cadet-pro-2.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is the spec sheet for that. I don't know how much room you save. I've seen some that put your legs under a pedestal lav. It would not be my favorite way to sit with my head bumping the sink.

titan_corner_rough.jpg

TheGewp

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. I attached a rough drawing of my plan. Its not to scale but you get the idea.

Would you recommend moving the rough-in to 12" or is that more trouble than its worth? Is it necessary to use a triangle tank? I wouldn't mind a single piece with a skirt and i haven't found any for the corner. The 10 year old doesn't have the best aim and it would be easier to keep clean.

bath_before_after.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
You did not say what was front and what is side wall. You need 15 inches to the center. An offset flange could move you some.
IMG_4.png

TheGewp

Reaction score
So 15" from the back AND side? The back is already at 15", the side is currently 13.5". It might be easier to just cut a section out of the pipe and move the flange so its centered between the new shower wall and the "back". Then just face the door with the toilet. My main concern is clearance with the vanity. Again, not drawn to scale. Thanks!
bath_before_after.jpg

TheGewp

Reaction score
I've been perusing this forum and I think I've convinced myself to go with a wall hung unit (or 2). I think it will give me the most amount of space and I really like the idea of easy access to the floor for cleaning. Are there any caveats to doing that myself?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks