Copper Pipe Crimp A Problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

johnsonnoise

Reaction score
I had a plumber put in a new valve body since I'm in the midst of a complete tear down of the tub surround. I noticed that the copper line (diverter pipe) that feeds the shower head has some crimps in it. It looks to me like he grabbed it pretty hard with a wrench while sweating everything together.

The owner of the company says the crimps won't compromise the pipe. I know this pipe isn't under constant pressure since it is only used when the shower is on. Based on the pictures, what do you all think? Should I have this segment replaced with an unmarred piece while I have the opportunity? Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 376
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 272

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The showerhead has restricted flow, so that restriction won't compromise that. It would be a much bigger issue if it were a main supply line or you wanted maximum flow capacity. IMHO, really sloppy work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks