Convert a Santa Rosa 1.28 to 1.6gpf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve Lawn

Reaction score
Have to replace work out canister flush valve on a Santa Rosa 1.28gpf and just wondering by some weird chance if the one were to use the Santa Rosa 1.6gpf valve would you end up with the higher capacity flush? I'm guessing the difference may be the physical tank size but just thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's the timing or duration of the canister float. If you hold the handle down instead of a push and release, you can have over 2 gallons very quickly.

Steve Lawn

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. So are the fill valve and the canister valve parts for the K-3810 (1.28gpf) and K-3811 (1.6gpf) interchangeable? I have an extra set for 1.6gpf and just wondered if it would "enable" default 1.6gpf without extra holding down.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The fill valve only refills the tank...it has nothing to do with how much water the flush mechanism releases. Unless the toilet doesn't actually clear the waste in the bowl, why 'waste' extra water?

Steve Lawn

Reaction score
I understand the role of the fill valve and perhaps my comment was misunderstood so I will rephrase. If I have canister valve for K-3811 (1.6gpf) will it fit on a K-3810 and effectively make it a K-3811 (1.6gpf)?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks