Connecting Washing Machine and Dishwasher

Users who are viewing this thread

JeffB92

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm having some trouble with my dishwasher, and trying to figure out if it's due to the machine or the plumbing.

In terms of plumbing, the dishwasher is daisy-chained to the washing machine. So the water source leads to a y-connector, connected directly to the washing machine inlet, and then a pipe to the dishwasher inlet. This worked fine until recently...

Should this cause any issues?

As an aside, the dishwasher issue isn't quite clear. Essentially, it doesn't spray water. It sounds like water is getting into the dishwasher, but I could be wrong. When I tried to inspect it, I had to tilt it to move it, and the machine starting working again. Since then, I've tilted the machine when this issue happened, some water came out on the floor, and then it worked again. However, this trick has stopped recently. Maybe this provides a clue?

JeffB92

Reaction score
so the actual daisy chain wouldn't have broken it?

The dishwasher is very old, so probably worth just replacing at this stage.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks