Connecting Washing Machine and Dishwasher

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by JeffB92, Dec 16, 2018.

1. JeffB92

JeffB92 New Member

Hi everyone

I'm having some trouble with my dishwasher, and trying to figure out if it's due to the machine or the plumbing.

In terms of plumbing, the dishwasher is daisy-chained to the washing machine. So the water source leads to a y-connector, connected directly to the washing machine inlet, and then a pipe to the dishwasher inlet. This worked fine until recently...

Should this cause any issues?

As an aside, the dishwasher issue isn't quite clear. Essentially, it doesn't spray water. It sounds like water is getting into the dishwasher, but I could be wrong. When I tried to inspect it, I had to tilt it to move it, and the machine starting working again. Since then, I've tilted the machine when this issue happened, some water came out on the floor, and then it worked again. However, this trick has stopped recently. Maybe this provides a clue?

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The washer and the dishwasher can use the same water supply. The other stuff needs a dishwasher repairman. At least not me.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. JeffB92

JeffB92 New Member

so the actual daisy chain wouldn't have broken it?

The dishwasher is very old, so probably worth just replacing at this stage.