Connect to main

Users who are viewing this thread

Hammer8789

Reaction score
We are having an irrigation system installed. The plumber is here connecting to our main line. What he has done is nothing like I have ever seen, though he says it will be fine. We are on a well so my main runs in with a 1" pvc flex to the baffle/pressure tank. comes out with 1" galv. pipe and reduces to a 3/4' valve then feeds the house. He has cut the 3/4' line after the valve and installed a 3/4 x 3/4 x 1" T. The 1" is what he is running to feed the irrigation system. I would have removed the reducer, replaced the 3/4" valve with a 1" then installed a 1"x 3/4"x 1" T and moved on. It just doesn't seem right to feed a 1" pipe with a 3/4 ". Who is right?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A small section of 3/4" isn't going to have much effect.
With city water, the setters are 5/8" or 3/4", and we run 1" or 1-1/4" off of those.
A long distance of 3/4" would have been more of a worry, the distance adding to the friction loss.

If you look at a hosebib, the port that the water comes through is very small. And yet it will gush out of there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks