Condo Remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Slomo

Reaction score
Sloan Valve / Class 5 / G Max toilets

We recently remodeled our single family home and had Kohler Rialto toilets installed and we are very happy with them. The french curve seat is very comfortable and the one piece toilet is very easy to clean. The flush works fine and we have had no problems, the water from the rim keeps the bowl very clean too.

We are now downsizing to a condo that was built in 1927 and requires a sloan valve. My understanding is that we can use toilets with a class 5 rating. I understand that Toto calls their class 5 toilets "G Max". The only one piece toilet I can find that is similar to the Kohler Rialto is the Toto UltraMax with the 3" flapper.

Are there other manufacturers that carry compatible products?

Can the Kohler Rialto be retrofitted to have a class 5 rating?

I don't really understand the technology, but I don't want a toilet that looks like it was in my elementary school rest room in 1954 (that's what is in the condo unit now).

Thanks for your help.

SloMo

Last edited:

Micp879

Reaction score
Class 5 is just a marketing term developed by Kohler, for some of their toilets. It isn't a universal designation. All major toilet manufacturers will have their own version of Kohlers "class 5." It often consists of a large flush valve, and a fast, powerful flush. I would recommend looking at a Toto. It will flush better than a Kohler, and the quality will likely be better too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks