Client wants "custom"

Users who are viewing this thread

TheZster

Reaction score
My client found a pedestal sink from Kohler that looks like some sort of giant manta ray with a basin sink on top.... Unfortunately, it's a bit to large for her bathroom project.... too long, too wide.... so, now she wants me to check out a custom made granite piece, about 32 inches long - 18 inches deep - and supported with some sort of pedestal - either factory (Kohler/etc) or custom made from the same granite. I'm thinking that there is no way that a slab of granite 32 inches long will support itself with a single pedestal underneath it. Correct? I can't envision any sort of bracket system that will provide the "clean/modern" look that she's imagining either...

Suggestions??

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might be surprised what some engineering and epoxy and steel can do. You might want to check out www.johnbridge.com. They've got some people that live stone over there. Might find some useful responses.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
client

What is your business? Remember, if you do create this thing, and it is so unwieldy that it collapses, YOU may be liable for any damages or injuries, or if she does not like it you may end up "eating" it. Far better that SHE gets it and then lets you connect it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks