Clack WS1.25 DLFC button for 1.5 cu ft Softener and Carbon Filter

Users who are viewing this thread

pecan1

Reaction score
I have two 10" diameter, 1.5 cu ft tanks. The first is a backwashing carbon filter tank and the second is a 1.5 cu ft softener tank. My 1-year old Fleck 5810 filter valve failed after 1 year. Rather than doing a warranty swap, I'm having my service company swap out both valves (1.5 cu ft softener tank and 1.5 cubic ft carbon tank) with Clack WS1.25 valves. The carbon tank is before the softener tank.

My question is, to ensure proper regeneration of the softener resin and GAC filter media, what GPM DLFC buttons should be installed on the softener valve and which one should be installed on the filter valve? My guess is a 3.7 GPM on the softener and a 5.3 GPM on the carbon filter. Also, does a 10" diameter softener valve require the white Clack injector?

Anyway, my service guy is telling me that the WS1.25 requires a larger distributer tube than my old Fleck 5810. Is this true? I also see where the WS1.25 has an optional 1" drain line as opposed to the 3/4".

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Bannerman

Reaction score
what GPM DLFC buttons should be installed on the softener valve and which one should be installed on the filter valve?
The DLFC for a 10" softener will usually be 2.7 gpm. For a 10" diameter carbon tank, the recommended BackWash rate will be between 4.3 and 6.5 gpm. These flow rates are based on an incoming water temp of 60 F. If the water temp is 10 degrees warmer, then the flow rate should be increased by 10%, and if 10 degrees lower than 60 F, decrease by 10%.

telling me that the WS1.25 requires a larger distributer tube than my old Fleck 5810. Is this true?
Yes. The 5810 is designed for 1" diameter water service whereas the WS1.25 is for 1.25". The 5810 utilizes a 1.05" O.D. (1" I.D.) riser whereas the WS1.25 is designed for either a 1.32" or a 32 mm O.D. riser tube.

does a 10" diameter softener valve require the white Clack injector?
White is the injector color specified on page #6 of the Clack Service Manual for a 10" downflow softener.

A 1" drain assembly is not required unless the DLFC flow rate is to exceed 10 gpm.

pecan1

Reaction score
The DLFC for a 10" softener will usually be 2.7 gpm. For a 10" diameter carbon tank, the recommended BackWash rate will be between 4.3 and 6.5 gpm. These flow rates are based on an incoming water temp of 60 F. If the water temp is 10 degrees warmer, then the flow rate should be increased by 10%, and if 10 degrees lower than 60 F, decrease by 10%.

Yes. The 5810 is designed for 1" diameter water service whereas the WS1.25 is for 1.25". The 5810 utilizes a 1.05" O.D. (1" I.D.) riser whereas the WS1.25 is designed for either a 1.32" or a 32 mm O.D. riser tube.

White is the injector color specified on page #6 of the Clack Service Manual for a 10" downflow softener.

A 1" drain assembly is not required unless the DLFC flow rate is to exceed 10 gpm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks