Chinese or Indian submersible pumps

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I see the guy in florida selling Shakti and Pearl pumps for the cost of a pair of bad new tires. They claim to be all SS in and out. They offer them with a Franklin motor on them. Have a Graingers pump [Myers] 25 GPM in my hole here for 26 years and it just ran 24/7 for a week during a firestorm that took out 1/2 the county. No drop in pressure after all those years. I have a 1" rainbird on the roof and it will run that and 3 more rainbirds. Seems impossible. Same at another property- SS Grunfos/Franklin running 32+ years. I suppose it best to stay with a Grundfos head, but wondering if anyone has run the imports for more than a few years. The cost is shockingly low.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
You get what you pay for. They're cheap for a reason.

Just wondering if that reason is that the workers are making 2$ a day like America 1850. I know I can train a chimp to drive nails in framing, or to operate a punch press. I would never trust a Chinese motor but would love to hear from someone that opened up one of these $125 all SS pump heads.

3nails4u

Reaction score
Bought a Chinese brand on Ebay and it was shot in less than a year.

Last edited:

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
The purity of the recycled copper used in cheap replacement motor windings has been an efficiency a known reliability problem for years. The quality of the bearings isn't always there either.

Top tier products of high quality are being built in these countries, but are usually priced accordingly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks