Can this work? This is coming from the toilet on the other side of block perimeter.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Polina, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Polina

Polina New Member

Any advise about this very creative bending of the line to pass the wall. Has anyone seen anything like this before? 1. Can it work? I do not see a vent. 2. Would a "magic vent" work? 3. Would lowering the main line at the point where the toiled line connect, help the slope from the toilet line?

Thanks for any advise in advance. !!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    picture does not work.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Polina

Polina New Member

Hi, I uploaded them again. Thank you!

5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Pictures work.
    1. Is the toilet off to the left of the first picture and sewer flow is right to left? How far is the toilet from that wall on the left?
    2. Is your question about how to raise the belly in the pipe where the pipe hanging strap is? You do need more supports for your pipe.
    3. What is that line coming into the big pipe in toilet-line-slope-conected-to-main-line-jpg.50933 picture. I am not sure what the fitting is. Is that a sanitary tee on its side, or what?
    4. What are your symptoms? Just doesn't look right, or is there an additional symptom?
    I think that a "magic vent" (AAV) will not help. I am not a plumber

6. Polina

Polina New Member

Thanks for the reply. I tried to put the pictures a bit more organized.
    1) The toilet is on the left and sewer on right. Yes. Toilet is about 15 or 16" to left of wall and the shower is about 20-25 inches left of toilet.
    2) Thanks for the note about more support needed. The waste line looks to me like it is not slopped correctly and was wondering if it could be sloped by lowering the support of the connecting point to the sewer line.
    3) I have to send somebody back to see what the fitting is. I don't know.
    4) No symptoms since have not used it yet but right now the floor is open and we could fix it if needed.

Just got the property with this toilet's plumbing as shown but have not used it yet. The plumbing was pointed out to me by someone who inspected the house but I he is not a plumber either. We just think the toilet and shower do not show the trap as we know but wander if this also can work? It also is connected to the main line without any connection to any vent pipe. Can this work?

7. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

An AAV on the shower trap arm would probably be enough venting. The shower drain would join the toilet waste later.

The toilet has its own trap built in.

8. Polina

Polina New Member

Sorry to ask what may seem obvious but is the pipe(s) connection to the shower drain a trap? What I have seen before is different or since the shower connects to the toilet, do you mean that the trap from the toilet is enough for the shower?

Looking at picture 1

9. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Test, Don't Guess!
    Assuming that giant hole in the floor is a shower, it does not appear there is a trap there at all. Every fixture needs a trap and and the traps need to be vented.