Can someone look at these tub specs for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

NavySuit

Reaction score
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/1e/1e0bf4be-eb4e-445a-af11-9c22c8a69333.pdf

If I'm reading the spec sheet right, the rough in drain should be 2 inches from the sidewall. That is pretty much where the old plumbing is right now. For some reason, when I measure the this tub and other tubs at home depot, it looks more like that the drain is 8 or 9 inches from the lip of the tub. It may just be me trying to eyeball the tape measure. I just place the end of the tape measure in the middle of the drain hole, I then look down the back side of the tub.

Is it normal for the rough in drain to only be a couple of inches from the wall stud? What's the proper way to measure this, or should I just be going by the spec sheet?

Bluebinky

Reaction score
That 2 inches from the wall is probably going straight up to the overflow. The actual drain will take off from the vertical with a san-tee. (Like my avatar, but without the jog for the floor joist that was in the way).

accord_wild_03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NavySuit

Reaction score
That 2 inches from the wall is probably going straight up to the overflow. The actual drain will take off from the vertical with a san-tee. (Like my avatar, but without the jog for the floor joist that was in the way).

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense now.