Can I Connect Outdoor Spigots to Water Softener?

Users who are viewing this thread

AZHardH2O

Reaction score
I have a water softener installed in the garage but I would like to have my spigots have the same soft water for my outdoor misting pump system. It's 1,000 psi and works excellent in the Arizona heat but it leaves a coating of hard water "milk" all over my covered patio, grill etc. I attached a icloud link to 5 pics showing the water main outside of the garage, the shutoff valve on the interior side as well as the location of the water softener. They are all on the same side of the garage. Is there a good solution for this? Should be there a ball valve so I can have it run regular water?
I have a hot tub I fill with the hose as well and an auto fill for my in-ground pool. fyi
I assume I need a plumber to do this, any idea on cost range for something like this? TIA

Here are the pics. https://www.icloud.com/photos/#098yd0R-5CpmQLQ6Pzbg2K6NQ

Reach4

Reaction score
Softened water will also leave the white residue, but it will wipe off with a damp cloth.

Looking for something like this? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Tectite-1-2-in-Brass-Push-To-Connect-3-Way-Ball-Valve-FSBBV312/305758792
If using a 3-way valve, you probably should have check valves in the input lines.

Adding in a separate soft water spigot or two would give you separate spigots for watering plants and for soft-water uses.

If your hot tub is cement etc, then hard water is easier on the cement.

SonOfGloin

Reaction score
I just did something similar last week actually. I have one line that feeds the garage, which is my only external spigot, and just set up a two valve feed so I can select hard or softened water. Fairly simple, and now my at-home car washes are awesome!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks