Cable Bath Drain Question

Users who are viewing this thread

bigdave

Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first post on this site.
I have installed a new tub (just standard size regular tub) in our addition. It was suggested by a friend to try the Watts cable bath drain at Home Depot. I noticed right away it looked a little cheap for the price. After cutting the shoe and overflow to fit, I chose the satin nickle drain and overflow cap. The cap is plastic! the bronze cap is metal with a set screw; but the satin nickel option is plastic with a big wood screw inside and now holes for the overflow. This drain is not listed on the home depot site or the Watts site, and I can't find any instructions anywhere on the web to see if this the correct cap. Its as if this drain doesn't exist. The model is 22SN/ORB, and the model over the UPC code is 0145799.
My question is this: has anyone seen or used this drain, and if so, does it last?
Also, what do most plumbers install in their own tubs? Trip lever, twist and pull, or cable? Plastic or brass?

Thanks for the advice,
Dave

tadams76

Reaction score
Watts Cable Bath Drain Satin Nickel Trim & Oil Rubbed Bronze Trim

We just bought this at Home Depot, no instruction, just a picture, and plastic cap. Rethinking now about using it since it's mostly plastic. . . .
-Tina:confused:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

I always use a push/pull unless the customer furnishes his own. That way there is no need to pull the tub when the cable or its end points break.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Gerber brass W/O.Mostly trip lever,push pull on certain applications.

IMHO there is not a better drain made for a tub!

brass-tub-drain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks