Bond ABS and brass together

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Jackson882, Sep 13, 2019 at 1:17 PM.

1. Jackson882

Jackson882 New Member

I have a freestanding bathtub with ABS waste and overflow and I need help connecting a brass tailpiece to this. What kind of cement will bond with these two materials

2. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

Take a pic of what you are trying to do, they make a slip joint connection for this. No glue

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

There maybe one under your kitchen sink

5. Jackson882

Jackson882 New Member

This is not my bathtub but it is the exact setup I need. My waste and overflow looks exactly the same as the photo, as well as the brass tailpiece

Attached Files:

6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    You can't glue ABS to brass. You can use either a slip joint nut and washer or they also make a Rapid Connect for hidden connections.

Why do you have an ABS tub waste and overflow and a brass tailpiece? You may want to also change out the p-trap there.

[​IMG]

7. Jackson882

Jackson882 New Member

I purchased a OS&B brand hidden connection kit just like the one in the photo you posted however my kit came with a brass tailpiece.

8. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    How about a picture 800 pixels or less of your tub drain then.

The chrome tube is the same diameter as the brass. It's just fancier looking.