Body Sprays - Does this "loop" work??!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Dixiedoodle

Reaction score
Hi! We are in the rough-in stage of home building. In our master bath shower room we are having 2 separate shower heads, a thermostatic valve and diverter and a series of body sprays. I would appreciate any comments on the way that the plumber installed the loop system for the body sprays. I am mostly concerned with whether this installation will actually allow for proper pressure equalization between all 4 of the sprays. We were expecting to see a set-up that looked more like the standard "pressure balancing loop," and are suspect whether these Danze sprays will have equal pressures... Thank you for any feedback!
:eek:

loop ex.JPG

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Based on what I read, you will not be satisfied with the balance of what is there now. The pressure will diminish as you go up, with the furthest head with probably only a dribble.

diyqueen

Reaction score
I am not a plumber, but I had the contractor do it incorrectly, and then paid a second plumber to come out and make the loops like:

___O___
l l
l l
l___O__l

(The O's are supposed to be my fixtures. Sorry for the rough drawing) anyway...the pressure is great now (i have 4 heads altogether). Hope this helps. At least the wall isn't finished yet (mine was);)

diyqueen

Reaction score
the last picture should look like a square (formatting was a little off) with an O at the top and bottom.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks