Body Shower Loop

Users who are viewing this thread

Derek Sutherland

Reaction score
I am building a shower that, among other fixtures, has 4 body sprays. I will be plumbing in a 3/4 loop for the sprayers to make sure I have ample water and pressure.

Question is does it matter where I start the loop? My design is I have a 24 inch door and on each side 18 inch walls at a 45 degree before it hits the main shower stall. Those 45 degree walls is where I'm putting the body sprays (2 on each wall total 4). So I will start the loop at the bottom of the one wall and then it has to make it's way all up and thru the top of the door and back down the other side and then back up through the top again and back down. Does it matter if I start the loop in the middle of the loop which would be above the door or doesn't matter?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
io-digital-01.jpg

Moen likes a loop for the body sprays.

Derek Sutherland

Reaction score
I would not bother with the loop in the first place.

Is it because I'm running 3/4 pipe or you just don't think it's needed all together? Manual suggests to make a loop like many other forum suggestions.

Thanks for the feedback.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
io-digital-04.jpg

This unit supplies the four body sprays off of a single 1/2" line done in a loop.
Looking at the top, one for the rain shower, one for the handheld and one for the four body sprays. There is one port left over. We turned it on and with everything going it was a massive amount of water.

io-digital-02.jpg

Derek Sutherland

Reaction score
io-digital-04.jpg

This unit supplies the four body sprays off of a single 1/2" line done in a loop.
Looking at the top, one for the rain shower, one for the handheld and one for the four body sprays. There is one port left over. We turned it on and with everything going it was a massive amount of water.

io-digital-02.jpg

Only 1/2 line for loop with that amount of pressure in the pic? That's great. I know there are variables when it comes to pressure but based on your pics I have no worries with the 3/4. Being on a well system with a tankless water heater (199K BTU) I would imagine I won't be able to run everything at the same time. However no diverter - all individual volume controls. This is the exact same setup as I'm installing - just positioned differently.

Wait I take that back. I will have a separate main shower head in addition to the hand held wand.

Derek Sutherland

Reaction score
io-digital-04.jpg

io-digital-02.jpg

Did you keep 2 inch drain and if so how did it perform with all this water? What was your estimated GPM with everything on?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Did you keep 2 inch drain and if so how did it perform with all this water? What was your estimated GPM with everything on?

All I was doing today on this was replacing the ioDigital unit. They had a 2" drain that wasn't keeping up with everything on. I think it needed some clearing, as most 2" drains handle water pretty well. Looking down at it, it looked like it had a partial block.

io-digital-03.jpg

Moen gave me one of these. hmmmm. It was kind of interesting. I may have to pull mine out of the box.

Derek Sutherland

Reaction score
All I was doing today on this was replacing the ioDigital unit. They had a 2" drain that wasn't keeping up with everything on. I think it needed some clearing, as most 2" drains handle water pretty well. Looking down at it, it looked like it had a partial block.

io-digital-03.jpg

Moen gave me one of these. hmmmm. It was kind of interesting. I may have to pull mine out of the box.

Doesn't take long for hair to clog things up. Even on the previous one head shower we had - once hair got in there even 2GPM started pooling within a minute or so.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks