Bleach on Toto CeFiONtect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Joshua Eng

Reaction score
Hi all,
according to TOTO's instructions youre not supposed to use bleach on their TOTO CeFiONtect. Does anyone know if bleach really has harmful effects on the toilet surface?? If so, what does everyone use to clean their TOTO toilets?

Last edited by a moderator:

Meenie

Reaction score
It's not a matter of shine, its that you don't want to use anything that removed the Cefiontect glaze that keeps debris from sticking.
The instructions with mine are specific:
"DO use a gel based cleaner
DO NOT use bleach, chemical thinners, or products include acid or alkaline detergents in their ingredients"

My question, then, is what to use. The bowl cleaner I used to use (Lysol) has hydrochloric acid, so that's out.
I looked up gel toilet cleaners and two came up... Clorox - which contains BLEACH so that's no good
And scrubbing bubbles, a disc you stick onto the side of the bowl!
So what gel product is out there for this toilet???

glbnow

Reaction score
Terry, could you say specifically what liquid bowl cleaner you use? What product?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
toto-bowl-cleaning.jpg

I just talked to tech support and they mentioned Lysol bowl cleaner and Scrubbing Bubbles bowl cleaner. Basically any of the liquid bowl cleaners. No Comet, no powders.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks