Best way to vent my tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Isaac H

Reaction score
I have removed rubber Fernco's on the horizontal plenty of times before, but didn't take pictures. The fittings on the horizontal fare worse than those on the vertical. I'm just saying, you there on the job, now is a good time to pick up the right parts and smooth things out.
Why I mention proper 45's and long 90's? A snake will pass through them easily when needed, and they keep the fluids moving.

Keep this one in mind..........When we broke into plumbing, we weren't allowed to touch waste and vents for at least six months.
We dug ditches, pounded holes in concrete, connected water lines in ditches, and soldered copper pipes, starting at the 1" where it came in the house, and then worked our way back to where the apprentice had been working. It was months before anyone even considered telling us what we were working on. Plenty of insults though, mostly in fun. They wanted to see how much crap we could take if there were going to waste their time telling us how to do it. Having a new guy on the job slowed everybody down at first.
Things a plumber will do:
Crawl in mud to install plumbing in a crawl space.
Kneel in snow while soldering copper in a wall.
Work all day in raingear and rubber boots in the rain.
Climb up on roofs without a life line installing venting.
Busting holes in concrete foundations.
Carrying 300 pound tubs up flights of stairs.
Being mocked by everyone else on the job site.
Other trades wanting to get in fist fights over electrical outlets, cords, parking spaces, boomboxes and who gets to install their stuff first.
One day I shattered two pick ax handles trying to break through the first 10" of frozen earth. They had sent half the crews home for six weeks that Winter, but since I never complained, and could make the work happen, I worked everyday that Winter.

And yes, I am that good. :)
So are many of the other plumbers too. A little crazy, but we also do enjoy what we do.

Well seeing as I'm a window washer, I won't be kneeling in the mud any time soon, and believe me, i have so much respect for what good plumbers have to go through. I also know that any plumber worth their salt is someone I can not afford, at least not yet. I'm really thankful that you have created a place where I can learn what I need to, I just wasn't prepared to be the apprentice on the job taking the heat, not something I am terribly good at, hence me washing windows by myself all day. ;) I have washed windows when it was -15, so I guess MAYBE I have a bit of a comparison. ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks