Best submersible pump for residential use

Users who are viewing this thread

Jfpetesn

Reaction score
So with the world as it is and the supply issues it occurs to me that it might not be a bad idea to buy a replacement for our residential water well to have on hand. Everything is functioning as it should at the present time but things happen and I dont want to be caught looking for a new pump and none available. Our current pump is over 15 years old. Well is under 200 feet and that is all I know about it. We have a control box with 4 wires its 220v and a Welltrol WX251 tank, 1" pvc from the pump.

So I pose the question if you were buying a new pump today what would you buy?

Jfpetesn

Reaction score
I am also considering adding the CSV valve but they look at you like your crazy if you mention it around here. My well casing is 6" I believe. Tank is level with the well head and I am attempting to locate additional well information.

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't have a 6 inch casing, so that would play a part in the decision.

What brand is the control box? I would consider replacing the start capacitor in the control box.
You may want to use a flow inducer if you put a new pump in

Your pump probably has years left, but I understand your thinking. If you buy a pump for future use, store it in water.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I am also considering adding the CSV valve but they look at you like your crazy if you mention it around here. My well casing is 6" I believe. Tank is level with the well head and I am attempting to locate additional well information.
You are just not mentioning the CSV to the right people. Those that do not know how pumps work and are just out to get your money will look at you like your crazy. But there are installers in your area who have been using Cycle Stop Valves for 30 years and know they are the best thing for any water system.

Standard 4" motors are water filled and do not store well as the water will evaporate over time. But those 3" SQ pumps have bal bearings and are filled with oil. I think they will store better as the oil will not evaporate and can be seen on the box if it leaks out over time.

The control box should have a tag that will give you the horsepower of the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks