Best Placement for Carbon Filter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
If adding a backwashing carbon filter into a system already comprised of a Katalox Lite with O3 and a softener having Purolite SSTC60 resin, where best should it be located in relation to the other two?
I have my carbon filter between the Katalox and softener. How do you like the O3 injection. I still just have the air injection. I plan to upgrade sometime soon. Hoping the O3 aeration will sanitize my old plumbing lines that still occasionally wreak of H2S when they sit for a while.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The AIO3 design only sanitizes the tank and media, nothing else. The ozone dissipates very quickly after the regen process.

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
The AIO3 design only sanitizes the tank and media, nothing else. The ozone dissipates very quickly after the regen process.
Bummer. What's the best way to sanitize my plumbing? The treated water right out of my Carbon Tank is like bottled water. My old pipes however after sitting can still release a little smell and then it goes away as the water runs.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
My old pipes however after sitting can still release a little smell and then it goes away as the water runs.
You might find that only certain fixtures have the smell and that it is due to the rubber in the flex supply lines harboring bacteria. Just pull off the supply lines and clean them with bleach on a rag tied on a string like a gun cleaner works.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks