Best Flush?

Users who are viewing this thread

Needtoflush

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Toto Drake or UltraMax for my bathroom remodel.
I have had problems with most toilets getting plugged up with my hard stool and have had to use the plunger at least once a week on a variety of previous toilets.
Does the shape of the bowl, round or elongated, make any difference and would an ADA height help me?
Thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Either the Drake or UltraMax will serve you well. The elongated bowl is preferred by men for obvious reasons. Flushing is superior in either configuration. I think you will find the plunger can be retired with either model. The ADA height is about the same as a dining room chair. Persons of average or above average height really appreciate the ADA height.

Tyman 2

Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
I recommend and install Toto Drake elongated. I think their is a noticeable difference between the round bowl and elongated flush but I have never tried each toilet on the same drain system.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I recommend and install Toto Drake elongated. I think their is a noticeable difference between the round bowl and elongated flush but I have never tried each toilet on the same drain system.

I haven't installed a Toto in a looooong time, and I like the brand a lot. I keep flappers on the truck for them, all the ones I installed years before.

I have about 25 Toto Drakes I've installed, no complaints as of yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Caroma is sometimes recommended for very hard stools...quality probably not as good as the Toto line, but it has a 3" trapway that is easier on really hard stools or very long logs...

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
None of my business and I really don't expect you to answer this, but have you consulted a physician about the hard stool problem? It just doesn't sound healthy to me. I still recommend the Toto.:)

Needtoflush

Reaction score
The hard logs are related to my diet and workout routine.
The other part of the question, unanswered yet is: Does the ADA higher sitting model have any effect on movement of mass?

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I'll echo Gary's comments -

not sure this is a plumbing problem.

If a workout routine is causing such hard stools as to clog a toilet once a week, I would suspect you are not adequately replacing water lost during exercise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks