best deep well vertical jet pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Rfhjr

Reaction score
I was writing to ask what company makes the best deep well jet pump. The one I am replacing is a Berkley vertical model type. A local water pump installer has Jacuzzi Bros but I have not heard much about them. If anyone would have any suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks

Speedbump

Reaction score
I would stay away from Jacuzzi. They were recently bought out by a motor manufacturer. Hopefully they will put the quality back into the Jacuzzi pump.

Goulds and Sta-Rite probably have the best name recognition. I sell Betta Flo by National Pump Co. The Betta Flo will fit on the Sta-Rite and Goulds casing adapter. I doubt any of them will fit your Berkley Casing adapter.

Take a look at the pump and the Casing Adapter. See if the pump directly bolts to it or if there are two pipes under the pump going into the Casing Adapter. This is important when shopping for Vertical pumps.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
Actually Sta_Rite bought Berkley then Pentair bought Sta-Rite, along with Myers, Aermotor (I think) and a host of other Water related products like Hydromatic Sump, Effluent and Sewage pumps, Hayward Swimming Pool Products and other things I am not even aware of. What they don't own, ITT does, they have Red Jacket, Goulds and many others.

There are only four Independent manufacturers of pumps that I am aware of. National PUmp Co, A.Y. McDonald, Ruth Berry and Hydroflo. I'm sure there are a few others, but I don't know who they are. They don't have the name recognition the big guns have. Like Goulds Nascar, that must cost the Drillers a few extra bucks.

bob...

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
And Franklin buys Jacuzzi, and on it goes....

I certainly look for NASCAR advertising when I select a product {/sarcasm}

Speedbump

Reaction score
[/ I certainly look for NASCAR advertising when I select a product {/sarcasm}QUOTE]

Yeah, me too, I always know I will get a fine product because I had to spend more for it. Too bad that statement doesn't work anymore either.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks