Best 2 gallon well tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

JoshB-NC

Reaction score
This is for the pump house that runs my irrigation.

Original 2 gallon tank lasted 5ish years then rusted through. It was an Amtrol I think? Grey in color if I remember correctly. Well guy had installed it.

I replaced that with a 'water works' from home depot... apparently garbage as it lasted less than 2 years, rusted through in a big way.

I searched for a 2 gallon stainless - but cannot find anything. Very limited on space. Worst part is this well house is on corner on property and from looking inside it I would guess this has been leaking for a long time...

Any advice would be great....!!

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
I have a sprinkler system that runs without a tank. I pull water from my well with a sprinkler pump and the pump sends it directly to the sprinkler heads. Not sure what your set up is like. Maybe it won’t work for you. Just telling you what I do.

JoshB-NC

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but pretty sure I need it. It is a variable pressure pump - also feeds my geothermal system.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
There are ways to run both the irrigation and heat pump without a tank. But a tank will probably make it easier to run multiple things in different locations. It is rare for a tank to rust through from the outside, even in salt air environments. Flexcon makes both a Stainless steel and a fiberglass tanks if needed. However, most tanks rust from the inside out after the bladder is broken. The air chamber in the tank is not coated for water, so when the diaphragm breaks the upper chamber rust out quickly. You should have noticed some rapid cycling or high pressure with the waterlogged tank? If that is the case it is most likely the variable speed controller that is destroying the tank diaphragms. When the variable speed controller goes haywire it can cause the pressure to spike like in the video posted below.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks