Bathroom sink faucet, not enough room to thread ring

Users who are viewing this thread

Heidi Steffl

Reaction score
We had countertops cut for a new vanity. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be enough room to thread the ring on the faucet and tighten the bolt in the holes for the faucet. The sink was cut too close to the wall as it seems. Any solutions or ways to rig it to be able to attach and tighten the faucet? I hope this makes sense as I'm NOT a plumber. Our plumber could not find a solution and the only possible fixture that might work is $400.

20200609_163753.jpg

Attachments

• 20200609_163745.jpg
    20200609_163745.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 613418822.jpg
    613418822.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 140

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Counter guys again. I feel for the plumber and you. The bowl was placed too close to the wall for that to work. I had something like that happen to me with a counter guy. I told him where to drill and his comment back was,

"Plumbers always have a difficult time on the sinks I install. You'll have to get some parts for it."

And yes, I did have to order parts to make mine work, but yours is even worse.

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Could you drill a hole in a wood shim and attach the ring further down where there is more room? On the other side, perhaps you could modify the wall a bit?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks