Bathroom sink faucet, not enough room to thread ring

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Heidi Steffl, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Heidi Steffl

Heidi Steffl New Member

We had countertops cut for a new vanity. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be enough room to thread the ring on the faucet and tighten the bolt in the holes for the faucet. The sink was cut too close to the wall as it seems. Any solutions or ways to rig it to be able to attach and tighten the faucet? I hope this makes sense as I'm NOT a plumber. Our plumber could not find a solution and the only possible fixture that might work is $400.

20200609_163753.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Counter guys again. I feel for the plumber and you. The bowl was placed too close to the wall for that to work. I had something like that happen to me with a counter guy. I told him where to drill and his comment back was,

"Plumbers always have a difficult time on the sinks I install. You'll have to get some parts for it."

And yes, I did have to order parts to make mine work, but yours is even worse.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. DIYorBust

DIYorBust Active Member

Could you drill a hole in a wood shim and attach the ring further down where there is more room? On the other side, perhaps you could modify the wall a bit?

5. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

Take a pic of the faucet going in