Bathroom (horizontal) venting question

Users who are viewing this thread

Hard Rock Homes

Reaction score
I have a 21'x6' bathroom with fixtures all along one wall. All fixtures were vented right behind the fixtures with the vents inside the wall running upward. The sink is wet vented. It looks like the plumber ran a horizontal vent in the attic, receiving the fixture vents from below, before exiting out the roof. I've seen different advice on here about this ranging from "a horizontal vent is never allowed" to "it's ok if it's 42" or over the highest fixture" to "it depends on the distance" to "as long as it's sloped to allow the condensate to run down". This horizontal vent line is slightly sloped back to the drains, but it's very slightly sloped - no where near 1/4" per foot. Maybe possibly 3" slope over 16-17 feet? So I wanted to give a diagram before the inspector comes out. This is a new construction project. Is the below diagram legal?

Edit: trying to post the image failed. Here is a link to the diagram: https://ibb.co/F8PDpVY
F8PDpVY

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
2" will vent a bathroom group.
The horizontal vent in the attic will be fine with that slope. Nothing in the drawing shows how things were actually plumbed other than the fact that they indeed did have vents into the attic.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks