Bathroom face wash faucet drainage and kitchen sink noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Questions1

Reaction score
Hello,
I have 2 pics below. One is from the bathroom faucet sink and th other one is the kitchen sink.

3 problems:

1st is in my master bathroom where i brush my teeth and wash my face and hand, the faucet sink is clogged, when i wash my hand or face, the water fills up and drains very slowly, i tried the vineger and baking powder thing, it works for a moment but the next day it is back to normal and it clogs and drains very slowly.

2nd: in my kitchen sink, although I don't have drainage issue and although it doesn't clog, i regularly hear noise as if the water just came out and when i check the kitchen sink, I find lots of soap and soap bubbles all over my sink. That means it will very soon clog and will have drainage issue?

3rd is a not a major problem but on my 2nd bathroom faucet sink, the thing in the sink is loose and my wife once pulled it out, do i have to replace that part and do i have to buy the whole part that includes the tap?

So for all those 3 issues, when i call a plumber or a handymen for help, what should i tell him ? what can i do for the 3rd issue?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3794.JPG
    IMG_3794.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_3795.JPG
    IMG_3795.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The lav drain assembly has a pop-up drain. Those are either hooked into the pop-up rod, or they set on top of the pop-up rod. Either way is okay.
Sometimes removing that pop-up allows you to clean the vertical into the p-trap below. That sometimes fills with hair and goo. That may be all you need for now.
The kitchen sink drain may also be getting buildup in the drain. I use Bio-Clean for my sink to keep the buildup of grease down.

Questions1

Reaction score
The lav drain assembly has a pop-up drain. Those are either hooked into the pop-up rod, or they set on top of the pop-up rod. Either way is okay.
Sometimes removing that pop-up allows you to clean the vertical into the p-trap below. That sometimes fills with hair and goo. That may be all you need for now.
The kitchen sink drain may also be getting buildup in the drain. I use Bio-Clean for my sink to keep the buildup of grease down.
Lav drain is the bathroom one right the first image
IMG_3794.JPG? I have 2 bathrooms, the master bathroom faucet clogs and drains, water fills up and drains very slowly. I see this everytime i brush my teeth and wash my hand or face in morning. What's the solution to this? Someone told me the vineger & baking soda thing, i tried it and it stopped the drain for an hour only and didn't solve the drainage problem.

On my 2nd bathroom faucet, I don't have drainage issue but the pop as shown in my pic is very loose and when i first moved in here, a plumber removed it and told me it is rusted and old but he fixed it and told me we are good for sometime. How do I replace it with a new one? Can I buy that part only?

On my kitchen sink, I don't have drainage issue yet but sometimes I hear loud " blub blub blub blub" and when i check, i see lots of soaps there but no foods yet. What should I do here?

If you can please reply to each of 3 questions in detail in easy to understand english, I will appreciate it Thanks.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Question 1: first try cleaning the drain and trap under the sink, by taking the drain apart. If that doesn't solve the problem, snake the line that goes into the wall.

Question 2: same as above.

Question 3: loose part? replace it. These drain parts are not expensive.

You mentioned hiring a plumber or handyman. If you are not familiar with plumbing and don't have any tools, just let the pro do it.

Questions1

Reaction score
Question 1: first try cleaning the drain and trap under the sink, by taking the drain apart. If that doesn't solve the problem, snake the line that goes into the wall.

Question 2: same as above.

Question 3: loose part? replace it. These drain parts are not expensive.

You mentioned hiring a plumber or handyman. If you are not familiar with plumbing and don't have any tools, just let the pro do it.
didn't understand you and what is a snake? Anyway,
One is bathroom Sink drainage and the other one is kitchen sink. I have attached new pics below of the bathroom sink. I removed the pop up from the bathroom sink but looks like I either broke it or didn't do it right . You will see drainage and the pop up part. I still have drainage issue on the bathroom sink, So that's that. On the kitchen sink, I don't see pop up. I don't have drainage problem on kitchen sink. The issue I have on kitchen sink is sometimes all of a sudden all the soaps that were used to wash my dishes just comes out and fills the kitchen sink.

Attachments

• IMG_3796.JPG
    IMG_3796.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3797.JPG
    IMG_3797.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 175

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why don't you pick a book about basic plumbing and learn from it. Some books also have illustrations for easy understanding.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks