Basement bathroom group venting

Users who are viewing this thread

shane sitzman

Reaction score
C3AE4C0E-C050-4185-9309-4FB45E69208F.jpeg

Hello,
I’m a new member. I’ve gathered a lot of great information from these forums since taking on my project. I’m building my house and have finished the framing and roof and am working the DWV system. I have most of it done having worked from the roof down. I just finished the basement bathroom consisting of a shower(right), lav, (middle)and WC (left). My plan is to put an AAV on the lav and have it serve as a wet vent. Before I get inspected I wanted an educated opinion.

Pipes are 2” from shower and lav. 2 to 3 just before WC wye. 1/4 slope on everything in this area. 1/8 from the bar sink on the other side of the basement. 6’ run from shower weir to lav wye.

Thanks for any info,
Shane

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Is there a 3" cleanout on the long line going toward the back? If not, you will want a 3" cleanout at the lav location.
Some inspectors are okay with an AAV on the lav, and some not so much. You can ask them. The AAV does work there though as long as you have a vent through the roof somewhere in the system.

shane sitzman

Reaction score
Is there a 3" cleanout on the long line going toward the back? If not, you will want a 3" cleanout at the lav location.
Some inspectors are okay with an AAV on the lav, and some not so much. You can ask them. The AAV does work there though as long as you have a vent through the roof somewhere in the system.

Terry,
I hadn't planned to add the cleanout, but will now. Thanks a lot for taking a look.
Shane

Reach4

Reaction score
Elbows that transition drainage from vertical down to horizontal need to be long sweeps rather than she short ones that you have..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks