Basement bath rough in diagram

Users who are viewing this thread

OZ324

Reaction score
This picture is pretty close to how my new basement bathroom layout will be. Does it look correct? Only difference is my incoming vent is 1 1/2 in.

23420d1250282417-new-bathroom-drains-vents-bathroom-drains-drawing.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
oz-plumbing-2.jpg

The lav wet vents the shower and the toilet.
A 3x3 wye for the shower, then a combo or wye fitting to pull off the shower, at the wall a long turn 90, going up to a 3x1.5" santee.
You can have an end of the line cleanout here.
The trap arm is 1.5", and you can use a 1.5" trap with a 1.5x1.25 slip joint washer for the tailpiece.

The first drawing on the page doesn't pass inspections.

The santee on it's back for the toilet is a bad idea. Waste plopping down spreads both ways.

If you need an end of line cleanout, then that would be run in 3" to the wall for the lav. A 3" cleanout with a 2" reducer on top for the lav and vent.

This drawing is showing horizontal wet venting. Since the vent for the shower and the toilet is being washed with the lav, you have the ability to snake the line if needed to keep things clear. You don't have that option with a dry vent below the flood level of the fixtures that way it was drawn before.

Fittings below flood level should be what we consider waste fittings. No "vent" fittings allowed.
On the horizontal you are looking at wyes and combos. No santees.

Last edited:

OZ324

Reaction score
Thank you Terry. I've decided to hire a pro. I'm comfortable with most common plumbing jobs but this is too big for me. Your site is still my favorite.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks