Attic Vent System up to code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chadslost

Reaction score
Greetings,

I’m pretty sure this vent system is to code but, I’m a rookie and still learning ALOT so I figured I’d throw it out there and see if anyone sees something wrong?

- It’s for 2 bathroom sinks, 2 toilets, 1 shower, 1 washing machine and a 1 kitchen sink.
- All the branches are sloped down at 1/4” per foot
- All vents connect above the flood plain for the highest fixture
- Both branches are 2” joining the 3” to exit the roof

I appreciate any feedback!

Attachments

• A9A7FDDA-5A59-4D59-BBC5-2184CFF98BE6.jpeg
    A9A7FDDA-5A59-4D59-BBC5-2184CFF98BE6.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 85
  • AEC3F1C7-1315-444D-A1D6-7B92A0C560DC.jpeg
    AEC3F1C7-1315-444D-A1D6-7B92A0C560DC.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 99
  • EBCE763E-30E3-45AC-8E90-93532BB52B9E.jpeg
    EBCE763E-30E3-45AC-8E90-93532BB52B9E.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 94

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks fine to me. Generally the fittings would orientate so that condensation would drain back to the fixture served. But with venting it's not really that big of a deal. Looks like the combo is the only thing that doesn't fulfill that standard, but I wouldn't change it.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Plastic piping should never have metal strap in contact, and should be rigidly clamped so as to prevent movement in all directions. When using rigid metal straps, use 10 mil tape or similar to isolate. loose plumbers tape is not allowed.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
The 3x3x2 combi rolling up funtions fine and is totaly legal IPC . UPC might not meet code but in practice I see no issue at all being from a UPC background it was drilled into my head not to vent that way but I cant see issue

Chadslost

Reaction score
Plastic piping should never have metal strap in contact, and should be rigidly clamped so as to prevent movement in all directions. When using rigid metal straps, use 10 mil tape or similar to isolate. loose plumbers tape is not allowed.
I appreciate the tips! I’ll make the adjustment.

Chadslost

Reaction score
The 3x3x2 combi rolling up funtions fine and is totaly legal IPC . UPC might not meet code but in practice I see no issue at all being from a UPC background it was drilled into my head not to vent that way but I cant see issue
Thanks you for the thoughts! It’s UPC in Missouri but my permit with the county states plumbing will be checked with applicable sections of the 2006 IRC here so maybe I’ll make an adjustment to the combo. I was just trying to prevent putting a second hole in the roof.

Chadslost

Reaction score
Looks fine to me. Generally the fittings would orientate so that condensation would drain back to the fixture served. But with venting it's not really that big of a deal. Looks like the combo is the only thing that doesn't fulfill that standard, but I wouldn't change it.
I appreciate the reply!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks