Any way to repair the off market brand kitchen faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Check the links I put above to the stem and cartridges that look like they will fit on amazon. Those off brands use off the shelf parts for the valving that is why they are able to sell them at lower prices. If you search you can find them on ebay, amazon, and cheapest cartridges are on Temu and Aliexpress but it takes 2 weeks to arrive from China so buy an extra one if you go that route.

I think at this point he's already replaced the fixture. I recommended back when he first posted to pull the cartridge and see if it was generic, but I don't think he did.

I would have bought a new one on Amazon, swapped the innards, and returned it.

John

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
No still leaking, it's slow enough of a leak and I had other more pressing stuff to deal with..

(Franke sells a few versions of a Kitchen faucet with a separate filter handle.) Price reduced to $414. yikes.... not going there

Just getting back to dealing with this problem, will check the links. I did take it apart, no place to buy parts locally.

Thanks for the advice, ordering new one and swapping out the parts sounds interesting

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Based on my measurements, the Temu is slightly off. Just ordered this one on amazon.
I wonder if any heavy metals will leach out with the reverse osmosis softened water through this part??

Replacement Water Tap Cartridge Valve Core
Copper Faucet Ceramic Disc Gland Brass Bathroom Accessories Quarter
Turn 20 Teeth 1/2" Anticlockwise Rotation Single Thread 17mm Dia 42.5mm Length

Houptee

Reaction score
Based on my measurements, the Temu is slightly off. Just ordered this one on amazon.
I wonder if any heavy metals will leach out with the reverse osmosis softened water through this part??

Replacement Water Tap Cartridge Valve Core
Copper Faucet Ceramic Disc Gland Brass Bathroom Accessories Quarter
Turn 20 Teeth 1/2" Anticlockwise Rotation Single Thread 17mm Dia 42.5mm Length

Probably same material as the one that it came with.
The cartridge is most likely the 35mm one that seems to be the kitchen faucet size the Chinese faucets all use.
The 40mm cartridge seems to be for the Chinese shower valves.
I could be wrong so measure the diameter of the cartridge.
I have 3 kitchen faucets from Costco sold under their house brand Water Ridge and they use the 35mm blue cartridge. I got a 3 pack on Ebay for $12 last year and they fit perfectly. Now I see them cheaper on Temu but they can take 2 weeks to arrive.
Amazon they come quickly and you can send it back free if they don't fit but cost a little more.

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Just installed, it appears slightly smaller, it works though.

Will test tonight to confirm slow drip is gone by leaving a bowl under it overnight.

It reversed direction for on and off though

Attachments

• Replacement.jpg
    Replacement.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 22

Houptee

Reaction score
Just installed, it appears slightly smaller, it works though.

Will test tonight to confirm slow drip is gone by leaving a bowl under it overnight.

It reversed direction for on and off though
You ordered the anticlockwise rotation, you need the clockwise rotation stem. If it says free returns you could send it back and get the correct one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks