Pegasus brand faucets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Okay, I just saw my first Pegasus tub and shower faucet on a job.
I'm following up behind some handyman plumbing, and trying to get the home ready to use.
My first thought, looking at the plastic remodel plate tile guide, is that it's going to go rather normally. The plate sticks out from the wall about 1/4" in the tub, and in the other bathroom, 3/8" in the shower.
Being used to Delta and Moen, I'm thinking things will be fine. There is always some plus or minus for the trims.

Not with Pegasus though. the tile guide is where the tile "must" be.
No ifs, ands, or buts
We're looking at a plate that sticks out from the wall.
What in the world were they thinking when they designed this faucet?

If I ever come on a job that has Pegasus, I'm just going to pass it right on by. There's not enough time in the day to fix what shouldn't have to be fixed.

pegasus1.jpg

Here is a picture from a homeowner of a Pegasus faucet

Saw a Pegasus brand faucet at Home Depot. It was about \$70 more than the better Moen faucets and weighted a ton. The faucet is made in China, but is solid brass and has a ceramic valve and brushed nickel finish. The problem is that I don\'t know anything about this brand. Does anyone out there have any experience with Pegasus? It was much better looking than any of the others and I\'d really love to get them to outfit three sinks, a tub, and shower stall. I also thought I\'d go back to Home Depot and see if replacement parts are readily available. Need your advice.
Thanks much!

Pegasus Faucets is made by International Faucets. The same company that makes Glacier Bay for the Home Depot. Pegasus was mainly a high end version for the Expo Design Centers. However, after a little argument with Price Pfister, who refused to make exclusive Home Depot models, their account was dropped and Pegasus began manufacturing similar models. They are first in quality and I would recommend them to anyone along with the Delta faucets Home Depot sells. I personally own several of the Pegasus faucets and am impressed with the finish and the craftsmanship of the product. Best of all, it has a lifetime warranty! I chose the brushed nickel finish & the tub filler weighs a ton. Built solid.
Bill

I had Pegasus faucets installed in my master bath and my bath on the main level, it's a beautiful faucet but the sink and garden tub handle at least one of the handles on each set is stripped, now i\'m trying to get the phone number to the company so i change them out or may they can tell me how to correct the problem. Do anyone know the telephone number to Pegasus faucet.
Deb

Last week I purchased the kitchen Faucet which is really really nice, I stands very high and has a soap dispenser with the bottle mounts under the counter. I have not had any problems with them.
My wife loves that brushed nickel look.
Joe

My guess is Home Depot decided to import some of Pegasus\' higher end faucets and that\'s what we\'re all suddenly seeing with the Pegasus name.

I\'m willing to give it a shot. Mine was under \$150 and looks just like a Grohe my brother recently paid over \$400 for. By summer I should have a good idea of exactly how the two stack up.
Emma

I have one of these and like the heavy construction all the parts are made of heavy stuff the other name brands do not even come close the valves are heavy duty too BUT if you have a shower system save yourself the trouble and take out the mixer and oil it with cooking oil before installing it( it is the brass nut that is between the handle and cold water adjuster)looks like a great product at a great price i have had Price Pfister American and and Kohler and I am much happier with this one
Bob

I came across this board while looking for more product information on Pegasus, and thought I\'d share our experiences so far. We installed a Pegasus faucet for our bathroom sink about 3 months ago, and it\'s working perfectly. No problems at all with installation - we made sure to read the instructions thoroughly to avoid problems later. We are very happy with both how the faucet looks and how it\'s working. It\'s by far the nicest faucet we\'ve ever had, and we\'re planning to replace all our faucets and shower/bath controls with Pegasus products. I\'m currently looking for information on the full line. So far this is my only gripe -- they should have a website!

Pegasus provides a troubleshooting problem/cause list in their installation instructions, which seems to cover most common problems both immediately and in the future. They also supply a parts list and diagram in their instructions, along with a toll-free number to call if you have any problems (888-328-2383 US, 888-665-3589 CAN). Their lifetime warranty states clearly that, if the faucet should ever develop a drip or leak, they will supply the parts free of charge to fix the problem. Using non-Pegasus parts is not covered, but if they\'re willing to supply the parts free, who wouldn't try their stuff first?

Our Home Depot has been very forthright about the brand - they\'ve told me it\'s their exclusive brand, and that they\'re expanding the product line due to high interest. Worst case scenario, if someone has problems with the faucet that they\'re unable or unwilling to fix, Home Depot will take it back since it\'s their product.

I hope this helps anyone who has been searching for a good experience with the brand. After bad experiences with Moen, American Standard, and numerous other brands, this faucet has been great so far.
Karen

From reading the comments I am not going to buy them. It sounds like too many people are experiencing leaks. I could find no other info on them on the internet. Without knowing who manufactures them for Home Depot & Expo, the lifetime warranty is worthless as I have no way of judging if the company will be around next year.
Carolyn

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
They designed it to cater to the higher end styles but ignore the installer of the product.

Pegasus reminds me so much of Danze it isn't funny. They have mounting brackets that are identical, very heavy brass and "I wouldn't want to service one down the road" mentality about them.

Parts for these won't be found, anywhere. You have to call a 1-800 number and then they kick you back to Home Depot. Then, you order the parts and they come to HD, not you.

Just imagine the downtime of those words above. Almost like a Kohler.

I have two boxes of these Pegasus faucets I've been given for free from HD on a reset of their faucet lines.

Amazing how much those faucets cost.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Jamie just called, and Pegasus confirmed, you have to be "perfect" on the depth on the rough-in. She knew exactly what we were talking about.
They know the problem exists and say they are thinking about redesigning the faucet.

In the meantime, she says to go to a hardware store and look to see what could be used to fix it. They have no idea what to do other than to open up the tiled wall and replumb it.

https://www.homedepot.com/c/KH_BA_Pegasus_Brand

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Pegasus are made in a number of factories, including Italy, but most of them nowadays are made by Globe Union Industrial, which by coincidence is also the parent company of Danze.

Dubldare

Plumber/Gasfitter
Reaction score
The pot gets thicker...

The main supplier of Danze is who?.... Ferguson

Who owns Ferguson?...

Home Depot

ps: Globe is also the idots behind all that Pro-Flo® crap.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
not quite

doubledare...you got some wires crossed on that last one!

The parent company of Ferguson's is the British conglomerate Wolsley. The little-known string to Home Depot would be that Wolsley was a leading contender in the bids to purchase the commercial/wholesale supply division of Home Depot, which is the conglomerate now known as HD Supply. HD Supply has the facility maintenance div, including the former Hughes/Century supply acquisition, and also includes such diverse divisions as Apex Plumbing Supply, Crown Bolt, USA Bluebook ( waste treatment infrastructure) and National Waterworks ( water supply infrastructure). But no other connection to Ferguson. Word on the street is that Wolsely is not longer in the running for that buyout.

The Home Depot board of directors has announced the intention to probably divest the commercial/wholesale division to concentrate on the retail picture.

Internet news has ALL the dope on ANY topic!!

Dubldare

Plumber/Gasfitter
Reaction score
Errps, I knew the HD supply thing from several months back. Quite honestly, I don't care for fungeson. This doesn't change my mind.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks