Any problems with my drain plan

Users who are viewing this thread

Jacob

Reaction score
I am remodeling master bath and want to make sure my drain plans are correct. I am mostly concerned with proper venting. The attached picture will give a general idea of my plans. The original drain is 3” cast iron. I plan to convert to 3” pvc with Fernco coupling. Then branch off of this with a combination wye reduced to 2” to the wall between the sink. From here use a long 1/4 bend up the wall and sanitation double tee reducing all three to 1.5” for the two sinks and vent. Continuing up the 3” line I will use a wye to split off for the Water Closet. Where is passes under the wall I will add a sanitation tee to a 2” vent just before the 3x4 toilets bend. Back at the wye I will reduce the continuing line to 2” add a couple bend 1/8 and 1/16 then where it passes under a wall use a sanitation tee for a 1.5” vent. After the vent use a wye to split the line for the tub and shower. Both tub and shower will have p trap of course.
Questions
1. Is there a better way to do this?
2. Do I need all 3 vents? I’m more interested in best practices over will it pass code.
3. Am I using proper size pipe?

Attachments

• Master Bathroom_planView.pdf
    27.7 KB · Views: 160

Jacob

Reaction score
where exactly is the main drain line your tying into? draw it on your plan. is this a concrete slab floor?
I was afraid that is wasn’t very clean. I have added to the picture I hope that helps. Yes, this is under a concrete subfloor.
Additional question. The walls have all been opened up. Should I convert all the drains that are above the concrete slab to PVC or just leave the cast iron

Attachments

• Master Bathroom_planView.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 172
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks