Bathroom plumbing question

Users who are viewing this thread

rickmejico

Reaction score
currently in place is the 4” cast iron stack which has a 3” copper pipe oakumed in and right below it is a 1.5” copper pipe oakumed in. there is also a 1.5” copper pipe oakumed in way above for dry venting the lav.

the 3” and 1.5” are very close together and probably too tight of a space to get ABS pipes into both so i figured I would run everything off the 3” and cap off the 1.5” with a flexible cap to prevent any sewer gasses from coming up through it.

i’ll attach 3” abs to the existing copper that i’ve cut down using a 3” shielded coupler then wye off that to get the toilet drain in for a wall mount toilet. the other end of the wye extends to a section with a 3” to 2” reducing wye. the 3” of this wye will be capped off and the 2” will extend on for the shower drain. the 2” line will have a 2” to 1” reducing wye with the 2” portion going to a p-trap under the shower and the 1” will carry on to the lav where on the vertical it will have a santee installed to branch off for a dry vent.

in this configuration i assume the 1.5” lav pipe will act as a wet vent for the shower and toilet preventing the need to add any further dry venting?

will this all work? any issues?

IMG_6580.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

draw.chat_dc20675m045rq1d0xftthbpywjlfh9_p2.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Looking at your drawing... venting for the lav is wrong. Looking at your last photo, it seems like an easy-enough change to implement.

Use a sanitary tee, and keep the vent path, that is hooked to the input of the santee ,vertical (within 45 degrees of plumb) until above 6 inches above the flood level of the lavatory.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks