Another Laundry sink/Washing machine question

Users who are viewing this thread

Needaname

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if I could some input/knowledge on how to install a laundry sink next to my washing machine. I was hoping to do it so It's not draining into the sink. I did read through lots of threads and ways other's have done it and rushed out and bought one part but I believe I may have purchased the wrong thing. I decided to slow it down and figure out how to do it right.

I attached photo of what I'm looking at. I'd like to have the laundry drain pipe off to the left and install the sink to the right. The part I had bought is a Double fix Tee 2 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/2. The pipe running up and down in the picture is 2 inches, I don't see anything else connected to it. Everything else seems to come down and connect to a larger pipe off to the right not in the picture.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210725_142615.jpg
    20210725_142615.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 20210807_145958.jpg
    20210807_145958.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 110

Needaname

Reaction score
Here is a better view of what I have going on. My plan is to put the sink to the right of the washing machine.

20210809_123357.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The washer gets a 2" trap and standpipe.
The sink can have a 1.5" trap.
I don't like doing those off of a fixture cross since the washer gets pumped and can skip across the fitting. Best to run them separately and then tie the venting back together at six inches above the flood level.

washer_rough_b.jpg

Or you can arm off the standpipe for the sink, and that works too.

index.php

Needaname

Reaction score
Thank You!

The second option looks to be the easiest. From what I can see is the current standpipe is 1.5 , It was like that already.

With the first option. Am I able to reverse that? Very crude drawing, Sorry for butchering your photo like that..lol
Pretty much replace the standpipe but on the other side then plumb it the way you have it in the picture for the sink?
Sink connected above the washer standpipe.

Attachments

• washer_rough_b.jpg
    washer_rough_b.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 110

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Something like that. You have 2" there, you might as well have a 2" standpipe for the washer. Some of the new stuff will really need it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks