Air in pipes on a well system

Users who are viewing this thread

aperenna

Reaction score
Hi....
I have a private water well system that feeds the house, 3 outdoor faucets and a
2 zone sprinkler system.

The other morning when I turned on the kitchen faucet there was some air in the
pipes both hot and cold water. I checked the bathroom closest to the water source and
hot water heater. Same thing. Not very much but definitely air . Very quickly the water
was running as normal and since then okay. Air in the line has only happened when
the water has been turned off for a while and the amount of air is more than the other
morning.

The previous night the sprinkler system ran it's usual cycle. The sprinkler system is old but
works okay... one zone is a reasonable size, 3 lawn heads, the other is double that size (too big
in my opinion). I have turned the sprinkler system off temporarily because I was thinking
this might be related to siphoning somehow.

I also have a drip line that I keep on most of the time and move around to different locations.

Where, how did the air get into the pipes? At best, where do I begin looking? Ideas?
Thank you for any help.

Carol

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks