Advice Needed for Whole House Water Filtration/RO system

Users who are viewing this thread

Srqlady

Reaction score
Hi,
I would really appreciate expert opinion regarding a whole house water filtration/RO system that will meet my needs. I live by myself in a one story, 2 1/2 bath home connected to County water. Bathrooms and washing machines are used quite frequently. The County's water quality report shows it meets all applicable standards, but I would like additional treatment due to my having cancer and chemo, with compromised immune system. In addition to health concerns, I'd like the water to taste better without having to resort to bottled water, reduce dryness of skin and hair due to chloramines, and avoid plumbing issues.
So many systems, so many vendors, so many sales pitches-- Oh my! I can't compare one to the other for effectiveness and ease of maintenance., and the range of prices and components is huge. So can anyone help with guidance regarding a system that will do the job , have long-life filtration, and not cost thousands of $$.
Many thanks

Srqlady

Reaction score
Are you looking for whole house Filtration and a drinking water RO or are you looking for a whole house RO?
HI Terry,
Not sure how to answer. Drinking water yes-- but also want softer water for hair (like in salon) and very dry skin due to medical conditions. Hope that helps.

Helen

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Got it, so you are looking for a whole house softener and a drinking water RO system. Excellent choice, I would recommend

Srqlady

Reaction score
Dittohead,
Missing punch line in your reply as I can see it. Stops at “ I would recommend” .

Srqlady

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks