Advice for new apron sink- want to add hot water dispenser and garbage disposal

Users who are viewing this thread

qkrinkle

Reaction score
I'm installing a 33" apron/farmhouse style sink into a 36" cabinet.

What make/model would you recommend for a garbage disposal and a hot water dispenser?

Anything special I need to pay attention to?
Thanks!

OLD TIMER

Reaction score
Cool sink. drain outlet needs to 12" to 14" above finish floor. Insinkerator for garbage disposal.
I not 100% sure if you mean a point of use water heater when you say hot water dispenser or
the faucet type instahot for making coffee.
I've used Bosch point of use water heaters but you'll have to decide.
The important thing is to match the volts/amps the heater is rated for to the electrical hookup
your going to run. example, 120 volts, get heater rated for 120 volts. 120 volts is all you really need.
They have plug in models or you could hard wire it. I wouldn't buy a small water heater that holds water
because it will take up all the space under your cabinet. Install it, crack the valve, wait for leaks.

qkrinkle

Reaction score
Cool sink. drain outlet needs to 12" to 14" above finish floor. Insinkerator for garbage disposal.
I not 100% sure if you mean a point of use water heater when you say hot water dispenser or
the faucet type instahot for making coffee.
I've used Bosch point of use water heaters but you'll have to decide.
The important thing is to match the volts/amps the heater is rated for to the electrical hookup
your going to run. example, 120 volts, get heater rated for 120 volts. 120 volts is all you really need.
They have plug in models or you could hard wire it. I wouldn't buy a small water heater that holds water
because it will take up all the space under your cabinet. Install it, crack the valve, wait for leaks.

Thanks! I’d like an instant hot tap cuz my family drinks a lot of teas, vocals and soups.

OLD TIMER

Reaction score
home depot

Attachments

• chrome-insinkerator-instant-hot-water-faucets-h-hot150c-ss-64_1000.jpg
    chrome-insinkerator-instant-hot-water-faucets-h-hot150c-ss-64_1000.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 150

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Insinkerator for the disposer and the Instant Hot
A Badger 5 at least and the Pro models are very quiet. I have the PRO 880LT

Make sure the plumbing from the wall is low enough for your apron sink. Older homes were roughed at 19" for the sinks as deep as 8".
I now rough at 16" for the new sinks and undermounts that people are using.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks