Adding Shower to bathroom, l/f layout advice

Users who are viewing this thread

david_c

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm moving my toilet in my main floor half bath to make room for a shower in my first ever renovation. I'm looking for advice on if I've got the plumbing configuration correct (I live in Ontario, but wanting to make sure the basic plumbing choices I've made are sound before I ask for my city inspection).
- Do the fittings look like the right choices?
- Are my vents in OK positions?
Thanks for any input.

Here's the layout now:
RnxJLrG.png

And here is what I am planning to do:
GUYCjJU.png

If the pictures aren't showing up, they can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/1xh81oW

Reach4

Reaction score
Maybe this.... long sweeps or 45s on vertical to horizontal. Wet vent should be fine Combo instead of vent tee or santee on its back would be better.

Attachments

• img_2.jpg
    img_2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 244

david_c

Reaction score
Maybe this.... long sweeps or 45s on vertical to horizontal. Wet vent should be fine Combo instead of vent tee or santee on its back would be better.

Thanks for your fast reply, I've done the following from your suggestions:
- have replaced 1st vertical to horizontal 90 deg from toilet with long sweep
- have replaced 2nd vertical to horizontal from toilet with combination sanitary tee for longer sweep
- used a went vent configuration (a little differently than the suggestion, to accommodate some framing that's in the way - hopefully it's ok)

6lHpsRu.png

Thanks again and if there's anything else I am open to criticism.

Reach4

Reaction score
- used a went vent configuration (a little differently than the suggestion, to accommodate some framing that's in the way - hopefully it's ok)
Nope. Toilet will need to come in after the standpipe trap vent.

Reach4

Reaction score
Whether a santee on its back for a dry vent is accepted seems to vary by area. I don't know what Ontario says.

A 2x2x1.5 combo would be acceptable everywhere I think, but it takes a little more space. Your trap arm needs to be 4 inches or more, but I think the way that gets measured makes it unlikely to be a problem.

A wye plus a 45 is always good, and may offer an option for fine-tuning angles.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks