Adding a kitchen sink vent to old house

Discussion in 'UPC Plumbing Code Questions' started by Shortmag12, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Shortmag12

Shortmag12 New Member

House was built in 1941 with no kitchen sink vent. The kitchen sink drains to basement and shares the drain with a laundry sink for the washing machine water. I would like add a vent to the kitchen sink which sits below a window. Can I run the vent horizontal below flood level for 5 feet then go vertical to ceiling then horizontal 10 feet to sewer stack? If so will 1-1/2" work or do I need 2" ? Drain pipe is 2". Also AAV are not allowed in Minnesota. See drawing. Thank you!

20201210_155546.jpg

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The kitchen sink waste needs to come in below the laundry trap sink in the basement. Then the basement sink needs it's own vent, not the waste line from the kitchen sink above.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waste follows a path downward, vents rise upwards, reconnecting at 42" above each floor.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement