Adding a kitchen sink vent to old house

Users who are viewing this thread

Shortmag12

Reaction score
House was built in 1941 with no kitchen sink vent. The kitchen sink drains to basement and shares the drain with a laundry sink for the washing machine water. I would like add a vent to the kitchen sink which sits below a window. Can I run the vent horizontal below flood level for 5 feet then go vertical to ceiling then horizontal 10 feet to sewer stack? If so will 1-1/2" work or do I need 2" ? Drain pipe is 2". Also AAV are not allowed in Minnesota. See drawing. Thank you!

20201210_155546.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The kitchen sink waste needs to come in below the laundry trap sink in the basement. Then the basement sink needs it's own vent, not the waste line from the kitchen sink above.

sink_dw.jpg

dwv_b2.jpg

Waste follows a path downward, vents rise upwards, reconnecting at 42" above each floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks