Accor Flowtite Valves...leak...totally clueless new homeowner

Users who are viewing this thread

Marisa

Reaction score
Discovered that I have these white Accor Flowtite valves under my kitchen sink. When I run the dishwasher, the cold water turns off. It also just randomly just shuts off. So I have to get under sink and push in cold water valve. I have also noticed that the flexible pipe going into the dishwasher is also leaking when I run the dishwasher. Seems like all of these are connected. Any ideas why this is happening?

index.php

Photo added by admin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A flexible line that leaks when the dishwasher runs is more likely the drain line. Those are typically connected using hose clamps.

The Accor valves can be replaced if needed. They are fit over 5/8" OD piping. That's 1/2 inside pipe dimension. \
The shutoffs are a push pull design.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and replace these two plastic shut off valves and the two supply connectors.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
That AAV looks to be mounted too low. I'm not a plumber, but I thought the AAV was supposed to be above the flood level of the sink (or at least as high as possible).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks